Monday, April 25, 2005

If I could be...meme

Well this actually started with Ogres View, but I got tagged by CindyLou. It is an interesting excercise and I had to think about my response.

So here's how it works. Immediately following there is a list of 22 different occupations. You must select at least 5 of them (feel free to select more). You may add more if you like to your list before you pass it on (after you select 5 of the items as it was passed to you). Each one begins with "If I could be..." Of the 5 you selected, you are to finish each phrase with what you would do as a member of that profession.

Once you're done you point this meme at three (three) people you think will be cool with putting in a good two cents on it. Don't forget to add a profession to the end of the list with a link to your meme!

If I could be an athlete, I would definitely be a professional golfer. I mean the PGA Tour is the life. You go from town to town, you play the best courses, you have everything taken care of for you and you make millions. Nobody is trying to tackle you, no one is throwing anything at you, there is not much real exercise involved and did I mention that you make millions. Besides, have you ever seen the women that come out to these tournaments trying to hook up with a Tour Pro? If not, well I can tell you that they are a hell of a lot better looking than the trash that hangs out in the bowling alley trying to hook up with those professional bowlers. Poor professional bowlers.

If I could be a musician, I would definitely play the saxophone in my own hip jazz band. I would love to be like George Howard, David Sanborn or Chris Botti (OK he plays trumpet, but who cares). Horn music has fascinated me for a long time. Nothing beats a live jazz band featuring some great horn players. Oh yeah, and did I mention the women that a sax man meets at concerts. They are a hell of a lot better looking than the trash those drummers end up with. Poor drummers.

If I could be a writer, then I would write spy novels or mystery action novels. I have always liked the writing styles of Robert Ludlum. Being a writer seems like the ideal job. You write when you want, you don’t write if you don’t want, you can do it anywhere, you get to travel to do research. And writing is mysterious and you know who loves mysterious – that’s right the women. Novelist groupies are a hell of a lot better looking than say, poet groupies. Poor poets.

If I could be a business owner, I would definitely own my own bar somewhere near the beach. It would be a casual bar that encourages people to visit in their swimwear during the day and sexy outfits at night. My personal monthly alcohol bill would be severely decreased because now I would be getting it wholesale. As the bar owner, I could have my friends in all the time, buy them drinks, and spend my time drunk and happy. Oh yeah, did I mention how the women love to get with the cool bar owner a lot more than say, the bus boys. Poor bus boys.

If I could be an actor, I would be Brad Pitt. The Women, need I say more.

The List
If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a llama-rider...(by Ogre)
If I could be a bonnie pirate...(By Teach)
If I could be a servicemember...(By Jeremy)
If I could be a business owner...(By Blue944)
If I could be an actor... (By Blue944)

Now I need to pick three of you that I believe will participate in this meme. Feel free to participate in this even if I don't tag you. I think I will choose V as she is at Uni and has probably given some thought to what her profession will be. KelBel because she is looking for a new job and probably should think about what her profession should be. And ThatGirl because she is sooo pretty.

No comments: