Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Same Question All The Time

A lot of people have asked me how things are going now that The Rose and I have moved in together. It is a fair question. But to be honest, I am not sure how to really answer it. What did people expect to happen? Should I have experienced some sort of magical transformation as I unpacked my final box?

"Wow, living together is like being at Disneyland...all the time!"

Well, actually that probably wouldn't be a good analogy. Sure at Disneyland the rides are fun, but there are also long lines, screaming kids and bad food. And here so far...well, the rides have been great, there is never a line (we have two bathrooms), we only have to deal with screaming kids at 2 AM when the drunks are coming off the metro and the food, well the food has been fantastic (I have always loved Italian). So I guess basically, living together has been better than being at Disneyland.

Does that answer the question?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great to hear! Admittedly, Ted and I had a bit of an adjustment period with two people sharing a two bedroom/one bathroom place and figuring out how to get our own space, but it has worked out so far.

Kris said...

I am glad to hear that you and the Rose are doing well together. You deserve all the happiness in the world, I am glad you have found someone who seems to add to your life.

Jules said...

As one of those folks that requested this topic, may I suggest something along the lines of: "20 Things I've Learned about Mary"

Tamara said...

I've never been to Disney Land to be able to compare it.LOL
I recently decide I better live alone...these last few bruises,black eye,etc...really confirmed this for me.
Glad to hear there ARE others' that are making things work so well.
That's so neat-o!!
;-}